With the availability of do it yourself tax software, many are left wondering if hiring a tax preparer or purchasing the software is the right option for them. Every situation is different and everyone's taxes are unique. Some may feel secure enough in their knowledge of taxes, deductions and numbers to use the software while others find the very idea of taxes daunting and overwhelming. However, there are a few factors that can complicate taxes and deductions. As a general rule of thumb, if you have any of the following situations, hiring a tax preparer will ensure that you do not miss a single deduction or render yourself liable to audits.
- Business Owner- Owning a business, big or small, comes with numerous complex tax rules and elections that you may want to discuss with a professional. There are several ways to write off business expenses and a tax preparer will not only be able to assist with your current taxes, but will be able to advise you on the best possible solutions to maximize deductions in the future.
- Major Life Event- Major changes during a tax year will affect how you file, these can include buying or selling a home, buying or selling a business, inheritance, adoption, divorce, death of spouse of dependant, etc. There are certain rules that apply to each unique situation that can be more difficult to navigate without a professionals help.
- Multi-state Residency or Employment- Living in one state and working in another, or moving states mid year can present some challenges with state income tax. A tax professional will help you iron out the wrinkles and will help navigate the allocation and residency issues that can arise in living or working in multiple states.
- Foreign Assets- If you have assets in any foreign country the IRS requires that you report it. There are special forms to file as well as deductions for any eligible expenses they incur. A tax preparer will be able to accurately calculate exchange rates as well as advise on all of the red tape that comes with foreign assets.
- Mistakes on Previous Taxes- If you have made mistakes on your tax returns, you have three years to amend them, minimizing the damage. A professional tax preparer can help correct and file an amended tax return before major consequences occur.
Request Appointment Now!
Call 801-341-2300 today!
Business Tax Preparation Service
Using tax preparation software to calculate your tax filings is a risk that most businesses cannot afford to make. In fact, letting a non-certified tax preparer/ accountant / bookkeeper is just as risky. With today's complicated tax laws, it is easy to overlook personal and business deductions and credits to which you are entitled. Even if you use a computer software program there's no substitute for the assistance of an experienced tax professional. This is why having an expert accounting team, such as Paramount Tax & Accounting on your side is so important. Allow us to help you navigate the potential financial pitfalls of preparing business taxes.
The risk involved in doing your own taxes is even greater as a small business owner. Paramount Tax & Accounting can help you clean up your books for the tax year as well as assist you in setting up a simple process to stay on top of your books.
Personal Tax Preparation Services
Preparing your personal income tax return is a costly risk as it is easy to overlook deductions and credits you are owed. Even with computer software programs, there's no substitute for the assistance of an experienced tax professional.That is why having an expert accounting team, such as Paramount Tax & Accounting, is vital. Our hands-on, tax preparation service guarantees:
- Your tax return is double checked by our computer software. This identifies potential red flags for the IRS. We also review the math to limit IRS contact.
- Your tax return is filed electronically for a quicker refund.
- Guidance on how to adjust your payroll withholding to get more money back each week.
- Information on potential deductions to limit your tax liability for next year.
- Information on commonly overlooked deductions to limit the following year's tax liability.
Whether we like it or not, today's tax laws are so complicated that filing a relatively simple return can be confusing. It is just too easy to overlook deductions and credits to which you are entitled. We find all possible deductions and credits to which you are entitled.
It is not uncommon to come across a significant deduction or error that was overlooked when you filed taxes. When this happens, the Internal Revenue Service allows you the opportunity to retroactively amend your taxes to rectify such errors. Whether you received a revised 1099, overlooked a sizable charity deduction, or even miscalculated your mortgage interest, amending your tax return can help you recover the money you are rightfully owed.
At Paramount Tax and Accounting, we not only help you amend your taxes, but also:
- Calculate your estimated refund
- Identify reasons (if any) NOT to amend
- Determine the timing of filing an amendment
- Determine whether amending your taxes is worth the time and investment
Although there are no requirements or penalties for not filing an amendment, our tax return specialists at Paramount Tax & Accounting can help you best understand.