With the availability of do it yourself tax software, many are left wondering if hiring a tax preparer or purchasing the software is the right option for them. Every situation is different and everyone's taxes are unique. Some may feel secure enough in their knowledge of taxes, deductions and numbers to use the software while others find the very idea of taxes daunting and overwhelming. However, there are a few factors that can complicate taxes and deductions. As a general rule of thumb, if you have any of the following situations, hiring a tax preparer in Las Vegas will ensure that you do not miss a single deduction or render yourself liable to audits.
- Business Owner- Owning a business, big or small, comes with numerous complex tax rules and elections that you may want to discuss with a professional. There are several ways to write off business expenses and a tax preparer will not only be able to assist with your current taxes, but will be able to advise you on the best possible solutions to maximize deductions in the future.
- Major Life Event- Major changes during a tax year will affect how you file, these can include buying or selling a home, buying or selling a business, inheritance, adoption, divorce, death of spouse of dependant, etc. There are certain rules that apply to each unique situation that can be more difficult to navigate without a professionals help.
- Multi-state Residency or Employment- Living in one state and working in another, or moving states mid year can present some challenges with state income tax. A tax professional will help you iron out the wrinkles and will help navigate the allocation and residency issues that can arise in living or working in multiple states.
- Foreign Assets- If you have assets in any foreign country the IRS requires that you report it. There are special forms to file as well as deductions for any eligible expenses they incur. A tax preparer will be able to accurately calculate exchange rates as well as advise on all of the red tape that comes with foreign assets.
- Mistakes on Previous Taxes- If you have made mistakes on your tax returns, you have three years to amend them, minimizing the damage. A professional tax preparer can help correct and file an amended tax return before major consequences occur.
Request Appointment Now!
Many people do not know how a professional tax and accounting firm differs from a bookkeeper or tax preparer. The main difference when working with a professional tax and accounting firm, such as Paramount Tax & Accounting in Las Vegas, is that our firm utilizes the services of CPAs, EAs, and Attorneys who are distinguished from other finance professionals by stringent qualification and licensing requirements. Paramount has worked hard to create relationships to deliver the value that our clients expect. In fact, our goal is to be the No. 1 Tax Preparing firm in Las Vegas. So when you ask yourself, "Where can I find Tax Preparing services near me?"... think no further than Paramount Tax & Accounting in Las Vegas!
Upgrade to tax & accounting firm
Whether you are filing personal taxes or you own a business, if you are not already using a professional tax and accounting firm, you have most likely already missed out on major tax benefits, deductions and credits. This is because a professional tax and accounting firm utilizes licensed professionals such as Certified Public Accountants (CPAs), EAs and Attorneys, who can not only advise individuals on personal financial matters but who are qualified to advise businesses, financial institutions, nonprofit organizations and government agencies on a wide range of financial topics. Our strict standards ensure that we understand the complicated tax laws and how to implement strategies that return the most benefits to individuals and businesses. Give Paramount Tax & Accounting in Las Vegas a call or visit our tax and accounting firm in Las Vegas for a free consultation.
It is not uncommon to come across a significant deduction or error that was overlooked when you filed taxes. When this happens, the Internal Revenue Service allows you the opportunity to retroactively amend your taxes to rectify such errors. Whether you received a revised 1099, overlooked a sizable charity deduction, or even miscalculated your mortgage interest, amending your tax return can help you recover the money you are rightfully owed.
At Paramount Tax and Accounting, we not only help you amend your taxes, but also:
- Calculate your estimated refund
- Identify reasons (if any) NOT to amend
- Determine the timing of filing an amendment
- Determine whether amending your taxes is worth the time and investment
Although there are no requirements or penalties for not filing an amendment, our tax return specialists at Paramount Tax & Accounting can help you best understand.