Succession Planning Services
If you own a family business, retirement isn't simply a matter of deciding not to go into the office anymore. You've got some critical questions to answer like...
"What happens to the business when you're no longer running it?"
"Will you have enough money to retire?"
The family dynamic complicates the whole transition because of the relationships and emotions involved. Most people are not comfortable discussing topics such as aging, death, and financial affairs.
Comfortable or not, succession planning should be a priority for any family business considering that more than seven out of ten family-owned businesses fail to survive the transition from founder to second generation, typically falling prey either to estate taxes or family discord - or both.
Developing and implementing a well-designed succession plan with a Gilbert cpa is essential to the survival of a family business from one generation to the next.
A Gilbert tax accountant can help you with these key issues -
- Keeping it in the family. Are you going to pass the business on to your family or sell it to a third party? We help you weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each of these options.
- Who's going to run the business when you're gone? Management and ownership are not one and the same. You may decide to transfer management of your business to just one of your children but transfer equal shares of business ownership to all your children, whether they're actively involved in the business or not.
- Minimizing the tax bite. The tax burden when transitioning a family business can be significant. The challenge is that a family business is not generally a liquid asset, but taxes are typically due when ownership is transferred.
- Making it fair. Transferring family ownership often adds a tremendous amount of stress to individual family members. We talk with each of the family members to ensure that they feel they a getting an equitable and fair share of the pie.
What we do for you...
- Once we understand how you feel about the key issues above, we begin constructing your succession plan focusing on these 5 issues...
- Business Valuation
- Business Restructuring
- Tax Consequences
- Retirement Projections
- Tax Projections
Contact Paramount Tax & Accounting in Gilbert if you'd like us to help you pass on what's taken a lifetime to build. We offer free consultations on all of our financial planning and tax services in Gilbert.
Request Appointment Now!
Many people do not know how a professional tax firm differs from a tax preparer. The main difference when working with a professional tax and accountingbookkeeping firm, such as Paramount Tax & Accounting in Gilbert, is that our firm utilizes the services of CPAs, EAs, and Attorneys who are distinguished from other finance professionals by stringent qualification and licensing requirements. Paramount has worked hard to create relationships to deliver the value that our clients expect. In fact, our goal is to be the No. 1 Succession Planning firm in Gilbert. So when you ask yourself, "Where can I find accountingbookkeeping services near me?"... think no further than Paramount Tax & Accounting in Gilbert!
Upgrade to Tax & AccountingBookkeeping Firm
Whether you are filing personal taxes or you own a business, if you are not already using a professional tax and accountingbookkeeping firm, you have most likely already missed out on major tax benefits, deductions and credits. This is because a professional tax and accountingbookkeeping firm utilizes licensed professionals such as CPAs, EAs and Attorneys, who can not only advise individuals on personal financial matters but who are qualified to advise businesses, financial institutions, nonprofit organizations and government agencies on a wide range of financial topics. Our strict standards ensure that we understand the complicated tax laws and how to implement strategies that return the most benefits to individuals and businesses. Give Paramount Tax & Accounting in Gilbert a call or visit our tax and accountingbookkeeping firm in Gilbert for a free consultation.